LDN : SKINS is setting the tone. This fashion inspired luxurious tan is quintessentially British and adored by A-List celebrities and royalty alike! Designed for the beauty savvy British woman who wants a natural, flawless tan.
How to prepare for your tan
- A patch test is recommended for fake tanning products, but not required. It’s only essential if you’ve never used any self-tan product or if you have sensitive skin.
- For maximum results from your tan, especially for a special event, use moisturising lotion 2x a day for 2 weeks leading up to your tan, focusing on dry areas. Do not wear moisturiser on the day of your spray tan.
- For best results, do not use any other self-tan products 1 week before your spray tan.
- Waxing or shaving must be done at least 24hrs prior to treatment.
- Avoid wearing makeup, deodorant, perfume, body oil or lotions as these may react to the tanning agent.
- Exfoliate the skin thoroughly the night before your tan, especially around elbows, knees, hands and feet. This ensures a lovely, even tan.
During your Spray Tan Treatment
- Your therapist may arrive up to 5minutes before your appointed time. This will give time to fill out a consultation form, if needed, and talk you through your treatment and what sort of look you are going for.
- The Spray Tent takes seconds to set up, it is an inflatable tent using an electrical blower so a nearby plug socket is essential (therapist does provide an extension cord)
- It’s best to have a spray tan in a well-ventilated area, so choose an area in your house where you can open a window.
- Have a dressing gown ready for post-treatment to ensure easy redressing after your tan.
- It’s perfectly fine to wear your own underwear or bikini provided it is a dark colour. You may want to adjust the underwear to wear you would like your tan-line to be.
- The colour you will see initially is called a ‘guide’ colour. This is to help your therapist see that there is even coverage. This stays on the skin and will go darker over time. Your tan will develop underneath until the guide colour is washed off, leaving you with your gorgeous glow.
Immediately after your spray tan
- Wear loose, dark clothing whilst your tan is developing
- Avoid water contact, swimming and activities that will make you perspire.
- Do not apply any products over the tan while it is developing.
- Allow your tan to develop for at least 6/8 hours (overnight for best results)
- Avoid other hair or beauty treatments while your tan is developing.
- After developing time is finished, rinse off guide colour in the shower with water only. Once the water runs clear you can use a mild soap, but it’s best to leave this until a few hours after washing off the guide colour.
Taking care of your tan
- Spray Tan colour lasts typically for 7-10 days depending on the condition of your skin
- Please be aware that swimming in a pool or the sea will fade your tan prematurely.
- Tan on your face will fade quicker than the rest of the body, so invest in a good facial tanner or tinted moisturiser.
- Prolong the life of your tan with a moisturiser 2 days after your tan application.
- 3 days after your tan, start to exfoliate gently for a more even fade.